What'cha Lookin' Fer?

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Economic plan

I received an email today from a friend who forwarded to me (I don't really like forwards, but, I'll still read some of them).



I think the plan would be much more effective than any of the bailouts washington is considering.



Instead of a $700 Billion bailout for the financial markets (who have been squandering our money into their pockets), consider this :



The USA population is roughly 303 million (but how many of those are legal citizens?) ...

Of that population, roughly 75% are 18+ yrs of age.

So, there are approximately 226 million 18 or older people in the US.

Lets say (liberally, without an actual statistic), 90% are legal citizens of the USA.

Now, we have 205 million 18+ US citizens.



$700 Billion divided by 205 million equals just over $3,400. I wouldn't mind $3,400. But then again, I didn't put any money into the markets ...I'm too broke, barely living paycheck to paycheck, watching gas, milk and other necessities' cost skyrocket.



So, you thot I was gonna go one direction with this ....FOOLED YA!



This bailout will cost every tax payer in this country over $3000 to attempt to stabilize the economy and right a wrong put into place by greedy rich folk who have nothing better to do than take money from others and call it an investment.



Write your congressperson and demand that not one tax dollar is spent on bailing these companies out. These companies, and the people who own and run them (who have been stuffing their pockets) should be paying every bit of it. As investors, we're informed on paper that all investments are at our own risk. What are they risking?



DO SOMETHING

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I can learn from them.